What information may be collected?
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the website, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “order information”.
Customers purchasing from physical stores may have their information collected and it may be passed on to us. This can include the purchase of information from marketing data and lists.
We collect device information using the following technologies
– “cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the order information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this order information to:
– communicate with you;
– screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
– when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
– statistical analysis
We may also use your information for advertising, targeted advertising and re-targeting reasons.
Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use Woocommerce to power our online store–you can read more about how Woocommerce uses your personal information here: https://automattic.com/privacy/.
We also use google analytics to help us understand how our customers use the site. You can read more about how google uses your personal information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ .
You can also opt-out of google analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the network advertising initiative’s (“nai”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
Links to external sites
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When you place an order through the site, we will maintain your order information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have questions, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
81 Buitenkant Street, Gardens, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa